If you are a Product and Marketing professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Questtec has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in Houston, Texas, you will be responsible for managing the entire product life cycle and drive innovative and strategic direction for the assigned product lines. The Product Manager works cross-functionally to develop and launch new products, including idea generation, product discovery, customer and market needs analysis, project management, customer support, and monitoring market acceptance of launched products.
As a Product Manager, You Will
- Product Discovery, Portfolio & Roadmap
- Collaborate in the development, and on-going maintenance of the priorities and needs for product areas
- Participate in regular cross functional planning meetings to establish priorities, align on needs, identify opportunities
- Conduct customer, market and product discovery & analysis for roadmap projects for product areas
- Collaborate with engineering to understand technology, capabilities, trends, design, ergonomics to advance roadmap. You will work collectively to ideate solutions and demonstrate early-stage prototypes for internal, customer, market feedback.
- Work with sales team and customers to reflect voice of customer, understand needs, and justification of volumes.
- Understand relevant market and category trends, monitor and assess competitive activity and product releases
- Project Management & Execution
- Manage new product development for projects in assigned product area, leading global, cross-functional, collaborative teams to execute projects
- Be responsible for project management/timelines/reporting through the New Product Development Process
- Have strong alignment with engineering and operational teams in design, sourcing, manufacturing, and delivery of new products
- Coordinate internal governance for assigned product areas, including key project milestones, project accountability by assigned individuals and departments, gate reviews, portfolio reviews
- Prepare and present strategic planning presentations to senior management.
- Recommend methods and procedures to reduce product development time and costs while increasing end-user customer satisfaction level.
- Product Leader
- Develop product category understanding to be viewed as a customer, product, and competition expert
- Actively support sales function or channel with product needs
- Assist in the development of marketing content for assigned products to ensure product accuracy in content
- Serve as point of contact for product questions to support customer as needed
Who You Are
You build and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations. You push yourself and help others achieve results. You break down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions. You articulate credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value. You create teamwork allowing others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. You effectively communicate in various settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. You quickly and decisively take actions in fact-changing, unpredictable situations. You follow through with commitments.
Flexible Work Schedule – Remote Work Option
This role has the flexibility of a remote work option after initial first year of employment.
Required Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Engineering, Finance or a related field with 3-5 years’ relevant experience, or Master’s Degree in relevant business field with 1-3 years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrated effective team leadership working cross-functionally
- Ability to navigate the organization, collaborating effectively with multiple stakeholders independently and in teams
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly self-motivated with demonstrated initiative to drive projects and incremental opportunities
- Displays analytical skills, and experience creating and using quantitative analysis, spreadsheet/database tools to assist in planning and decision making
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time
- Legal authorization to work in the United States – Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills
- Participated in product discovery, designing and executing customer touch points or research to get product and user insights
- Project management experience
- Previously supported new product development process through leading projects or direct participation in supporting functions to deliver products to market
Questtec places a high value on ensuring that team members have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match and an online wellness rewards program. Immediate vacation and holiday leave available.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Questtec is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
To apply for this job please visit www.questtecsolutions.com.