For low pressure water vessels, storage tanks, containers, etc. Glass-Trac provides Type 1TC carbon steel and 316 stainless steel valves for Tubular Gauges. These valves are used with 5/8”, ½” or ¾” O.D. Pyrex Red Line, High Pressure or Heavy Wall Glass. Each valve contains a Stainless Steel ball check which closes the valve in the event of glass breakage. Each 1TC has either a ½” or ¾” rigid vessel connection, plain closing stem and a straight pattern body. The maximum working pressure is dependent on the length and rated pressure of the glass. The 1TC valve can be used with 4 guard rods.
Tubular glasses are available in any length and should be cut 2-1/8” shorter than the center to center dimension. Guard rods should be cut 1-1/8” shorter than the center to center dimension. To determine the approximate visible glass deduct 4” from the valves center to center dimension.
- Carbon Steel & 316 Stainless Steel
- 5/8” or ¾” OD Glass Connections
- ½” or ¾” Rigid Vessel Connections
- Red Line Pyrex, Heavy Wall, & High Pressure Glass
- Stainless Steel Ball Check
- Plain closing stem
- Straight pattern body
- Valve Pressure & Temperature Rating per Glass Rating